Andrew Huff is the editor and publisher of Gapers Block, an award-winning Chicago-centric news and events webzine he co-founded in 2003. A serial early adopter, Andrew created his first webpage in 1996; launched his personal blog (sadly, currently offline) in 2001; and joined both flickr and Twitter in their infancy. You can find his blog on Tumblr for now.
In addition to Gapers Block, he has also worked for several years as a professional blogger for corporate clients such as American Express, Kenneth Cole, A&E and Starwood Hotels, and is a sought-after consultant on content oriented web projects. Andrew holds a journalism degree from The Ohio State University and a certificate in medical writing and editing from the University of Chicago, and spent 10 years in public relations, working primarily with clients in the healthcare and biotech industries. He has taught in the journalism departments at Loyola University Chicago and Columbia College, and has presented at SXSW Interactive and other conferences. In 2009 was named to the Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 list.
Andrew lives on the far North Side of Chicago with his wife, Cinnamon Cooper, and two cats.
Pages & projects of interest:
• Tuesday Funk -- A monthly eclectic reading series I co-host.
• 20x2 Chicago -- Shows in April and October at Schubas!
• Is There a Ravinia Concert Tonight? -- A resource for those whose travels take them past Ravinia in the summer.
• The Huffencooper Guide to New Orleans -- Cinnamon and my guide to our favorite city (other than Chicago), updated every time we visit.
• Things to Do in Chicago -- A sort of useful guide for those at a loss.